Good attendance and punctuality will have a positive impact on your child’s future life chances. Expected academy attendance is 96%. We ask all parents/carer to support their child and us by agreeing to the following:
As parent/carer, I support the academy with the expectations of good attendance because I understand that good attendance is important for my child’s future life chances.
I agree to:
- Bring my child to school every day on time.
- Telephone school by 9am every day that my child will be absent.
- Make dentist/doctors appointments, where possible, outside of school hours. If during school hours, after 2pm.
- Provide evidence for all medical appointments during the school day. This could be appointment text, card or letter.
- Complete a Leave of Absence form for all planned days of school such as holidays, funerals, sporting events etc (available from website and school office).
Children can attend the academy with most minor ailments and if they become too unwell, the academy will contact you.
Being late to the academy can result in your child falling behind especially as they do the same lesson each morning meaning they miss the same lesson each time they are late. This not only implicates their education but can affect their well-being. Walking late into a busy classroom could be uncomfortable for some children.
If parents/carers have any questions about attendance or would like support with their child’s good attendance, please speak to your child’s class teacher, Mrs Kelly (Pastoral Lead) or Mrs Clement (Assistant Head for Attendance).