At Pennyman Primary Academy, art allows pupils to become confident independent artists who are creative and express themselves. Through exposure to diverse cultural heritage, pupils will foster a love of art and understand how art contributes to the creativity and wealth of our nation.
- Art and Design is taught based on the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6 and the EYFS Curriculum Framework
- Children explore art through the following strands: Drawing, Sculpture, Printing, Painting and Collage, Textiles and Photography
- Each art unit is based around the work of a famous artist, craft maker, designer or sculptor
- A carefully planned whole school progression of art knowledge ensures children have and the opportunity to revisit and remember previous learning in order to develop an understanding of how art contributes to the wealth of our nation
- Knowledge organisers outline the key new knowledge for each unit and the prior knowledge needed for pupils to make meaningful connections to new learning
Progression within the areas of observational drawing, sculpture, painting and printing are set out within the Art Knowledge Sequencing Document available in the academy.